Mechanical Engineer will work with interdisciplinary teams to extend
and enhance our client's Integrated Fluidic Circuit technology and
applications. Primary tasks will include new product development,
existing product improvement, and project management.
- Active team member involved in the development, validation and launch of biotech instrumentation.
mechanical system architecture in collaboration with optical, systems,
electrical, firmware engineers and staff scientists.
mechanical motion system design, opto-mechanical integration, pneumatics
design, thermocycler design, and instrument thermal management.
- Support cross-functional teams in feasibility testing and design verification.
- Collaborate with NPI team and instrument CMs in support of DFM and DFT activities.
or participate in the entire product development cycle, from concept
development, breadboard construction and feasibility study, to final
- Develop system architecture and specifications from product requirements.
- Develop and release drawings, assembly procedures and BOM.
- Develop test procedures and test fixtures for system verification.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or
equivalent) with 10+ years of experience in instrumentation and / or
capital equipment design.
- Experience with design tools such as SolidWorks and product life cycle tools such as PDM.
analytical skill and hands-on approach to design validation process
such as conceptualization, prototyping, testing, data analysis,
presentation, and implementation.
- Ability to collaborate
closely with controls engineers such as Electrical and Firmware on
optimal motions system design implementations.
- Experience in opto-mechanical design, pneumatic actuation, and thermal cyclers.
Resource Group is a professional level consulting firm, providing
resources to Fortune 1000 client companies in the areas of technology,
human resources, accounting, finance, business systems and supply chain,
on a contract and interim basis. PRG has operations in Orange County,
San Diego, Los Angeles and San Francisco. As a W-2 employer we offer our
consultants direct deposit bi-weekly payroll, health, dental, vision
benefits, paid holidays, and referral bonuses.