- Assist in scheduling of routine seed quality testing for both commercial and parental seed lines.
- Assist in performing germination testing on all seed lots.
- General cleaning- utensils, lab equipment, growth chamber, and greenhouses.
- Assist with performing seed counts.
- Prepare samples and supplies for purity testing.
- Sampling of all new seed lot arrivals and seeding samples for grow out studies.
- Work alongside members or the quality team, effectively learning and backing up colleagues with their day to day tasks .
Education + Experience
- BS in molecular biology, plant pathology, biology or relevant experience working in a laboratory.
- Familiarity with general microbiology lab techniques is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Thorough understanding of department and business processes.
- Ability to write or follow written standard operating procedures, good manufacturing practices safety regulations, and corporate policies.
- Able to work independently, acting with sense of urgency and as an owner.
- High attention to detail.